Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Weighty Issues

Today's entry is going to be pretty short.

I had a pretty good bout of the stomach flu yesterday and just finally getting my appetite back.  The docs constantly tell me to keep track of my weight.  I used to hover around the mid 180's....now I hover around 170,  but in past couple days I've dropped 4 lbs.

Sudden weight loss (and weight gain, for that matter) can be one of the signs of heart failure, but I am hoping I'm a couple extra protein shakes away from being back to 'normal'.

I have my first appointment tomorrow since being placed on the list.  So we'll see what's up.  Hopefully it's nothing to be too concerned about at this point.

Being able to read the signs and symptoms of heart failure takes some getting used to.  I don't want to cry wolf, but I don't want things to get out of hand.

Have a GREAT day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment